Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 29 Called to be District Leader

The days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days. I still remember hearing that and never truly understanding what it meant. I truly do have to agree with that statement now, as another transfer comes to a close! 

I hope everyone had an amazing Father's Day! I'm so grateful for my dad and all that he does. I'm so grateful for the way he raised me and the way he honors his priesthood in every single way!


Well, for this next transfer, many changes will happen! First of all, we will be getting new Mission Presidents. I have loved serving under President and Sister Richards. They are the nicest people I have ever met, and I am so grateful for their leadership. The Christiansen's will be coming in, and I know with all my heart they will do an amazing job also! For this next transfer, I will be staying in Columbia, and will now be the District Leader here. I'm super excited for this opportunity and know that I'll need God's help a lot to serve the other missionaries around me. I will be serving with a missionary named Elder Cornejo, so for the first time in my mission I will be the older companion. It will be quite a change, but I'm super excited to see how it goes!

President & Sister Richards.


This week was really slow as far as with our investigators, we weren't able to see any of them because of their work schedules and our busy schedule with service. This week we helped 2 different families move, which was almost an all day ordeal!

Missionaries/Professional Movers, Elder Leavitt & Elder Ence
We had a cool miracle on Sunday, we were driving into a little neighborhood and we saw the Spanish Sisters driving out, so they rolled their window down and said "Elders, go over to that group of guys and bear your testimony! We just gave them pamphlets!" So we did just that! We went over there and provided a second testimony to what the Sisters had just taught them, and it was super super cool that we were led to the people they had just talked to. Well....the miracle continues, because a few days later I was sitting with Christian Santizo, a less active youth about my age. A guy walked in and Christian said "This is my uncle." I knew I had recognized him from somewhere...then I realized he was one of the guys we had talked to with the pamphlets! He turned out to be the brother of a member family! It was truly amazing.


"Regarding one's testimony, remember: that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps, he loses. Teach and Testify. There is no better combination." Well, I know that this email was pretty short this week, but I want to share this  quote to finish. Testimony is the most amazing thing in the world. I challenge every single person to go out and WILLINGLY share that testimony of yours! I know that you will be blessed as you do it :)

- Elder Leavitt

P.S. This is my last week with Elder Ence, he is being transferred to Baltimore. I have really enjoyed my time with him even though it has been short.
Speaking of short.....
where did these SHORTS come from Elders?:)












































No comments:

Post a Comment