Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week 85 Turning 20


Hey everyone!! This was an incredible week! I remember growing up always wondering what it would be like celebrating your birthday on a mission...but today has been one of my favorite birthdays! Especially with the wonderful day we had yesterday getting to witness the baptism of Mary Cole, and today we got to go to the Harbor with some of the members in Ellicott City and play basketball, so it's been a perfect one! Thank you for all of the birthday wishes!


Mary's baptism yesterday was so incredible. A few days before her baptism, we got to meet her son and granddaughter and they were incredibly kind and so excited for the baptism. Then, yesterday right before the baptism, Mark, the son who lives in Delaware, came up to us and said "Elders I need to tell you something! So, I always see these 2 guys walking out of my apartment complex into their car. But this morning I saw them again and I realized they were mormon missionaries! So I talked with them and I"ll be going to church next week up there!" It was such a miracle! We told him how cool that was and got to know him some more. Along with her son and granddaughter, she invited her husband, niece, nephew, and a few others! They all loved the baptism and the husband will now be taking the lessons and coming to church! Mark even said he wants to come down to our ward next week to see his mom's confirmation in Sacrament Meeting. Mary was SO nervous for the baptism, but there were SO many members and people that came to support her that it went so well and was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever felt. I'm reminded of how President Christiansen always talks about the scripture in the D&C that talks about how in the ordinances, the power of Godliness is manifest. When you are in a place where an ordinance like baptism is performed, it is impossible not to have the Spirit in the room. We're so excited to see how the Cole family continues to progress, especially with the husband and son! Mary is such an incredible example of Christlike love and diligence, she is an amazing lady and feels like a grandmother to me.


President & Sister Christiansen took Elder Fisher & I
out for dinner to celebrate my Birthday.

This week is transfers! I'll be staying in Ellicott City again! It's crazy because it will not only be my 7th transfer here, but my 7th transfer with a companion from Grantsville thanks to Elder Lawrence and Fisher! I feel like I know as much about Grantsville as anybody that lives there! I've loved serving with both of them and am excited for the next transfer.


 Jason Wright spoke on "Why I Believe" last night
here in Ellicott City. Notice Jason's hand & Chandler's ear.

This weekend we'll be having the baptism for Marcia! Marcia has been coming to church for about 2 straight months now with her member friend, and she loved Mary's baptism and is so excited for her own on Saturday! She's great. She is learning how to do sign language and with Ellicott City as the deaf magnet ward, she is getting a lot of practice in! Marcia's baptism will be great.

Things are going well! This will be a busy week, but I'm excited for it! I'm so grateful for my mission and these wonderful experiences that I have had so far and continue to have daily. Thank you so much for the wonderful support!!


- Elder Leavitt






No comments:

Post a Comment