Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 74 Cinco De Mayo



May?? I've still never gotten used to how quickly the months seem to go by!! But I can tell by the first few days that May is going to be a great month here in the mission field!

We had the opportunity to meet with Mary Cole, who I had mentioned a little bit last week, and it was so great! Mary is so prepared! We had 2 lessons with her and Sister Hubenthal and Mangisi had one as well, and she is preparing for a baptismal date! She is in her 60's and works in a nursing home, she is the sweetest lady. She is very interested in the Book of Mormon and what it means, and has been reading it! We have another appointment with her tomorrow night and are very excited to keep teaching her.

This past week was transfers, and everyone is now settled into their new areas! Elder Fisher and I are still together in Ellicott City, and I have no problem with that because we've had a great time so far! I'm excited for this transfer and being able to see all of the wonderful things that happen throughout the Mission!!

This weekend, Joe Jolissaint, a member in the ward, brought his parents to church because he was blessing his little baby girl. He asked Elder Fisher and I to participate in it as well, the first baby blessing I had every participated in and it was such a great experience! It was also so awesome to get to meet his parents, who loved the sacrament meeting. During Fast and Testimony meeting, it was such a Spiritual experience, everyone that got up to bear their testimony bore a testimony of the love that Heavenly Father has for us. It was the first time I had gotten up during my mission to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting, I usually try and let the members of the ward share theirs. But I felt prompted and got up and talked a little bit about how much LOVE I had felt from Heavenly Father throughout all my medical problems, and I was so grateful that I did!

This week the Christiansens got to go to the Mission President Seminar, where Elder Oaks came as well!! They enjoyed it and brought back many great instructions given from Elder Oaks and the other General Authorities that attended! I'm so grateful for the wonderful Apostles that we have to look up to.

This week will be busy! I'm going on an exchange all the way out to Woodstock, Virginia tomorrow! Other than that, things will be pretty normal! 

Thanks so much for the support!


- Elder Leavitt






No comments:

Post a Comment