Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 21 "Miracle after Miracle"




     Another week full of amazing experiences in Frederick. Looking back on the last week, I think I saw more miracles of God than I have ever before so far on my mission! It was truly miracle after miracle.

     First was the miracle of meeting Carolina, a 24 year old single mother from Venezuela. The story of meeting her started actually about two weeks ago, when I was on exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Van de Graff. Elder Van de Graff works in English, so doesn't know any Spanish and basically put me in charge. I wasn't really sure where to go! But as we were walking along and I could tell that one of these townhouses was definitely Hispanic, so we decided to knock. This girl named Carolina answered, and said that she had actually just returned from the Hospital a few minutes ago, after being there for a week! She said she was just about to leave though, and that we could come on Friday. Elder Van de Graff said to me "Well, even though I don't know what she just said, just by her expressions I can tell that she's interested!" I felt the same way, she seemed excited to learn more! But when Friday came around, we were helping a family move and couldn't get to our appointment with her. We tried a few times throughout the next week but still couldn't get her. Then, finally, yesterday we knocked on her door and she was home! She let us in and we had an amazing talk. She talked about how it was such a miracle that we had knocked on her door minutes after returning from the hospital. She had been there because her appendix had ruptured and there were problems with her stomach and liver, and she was looking for guidance in her life. She said she was so grateful we knocked on her door. She has gone through so much as a result of being a single mother, with the father leaving her to raise the child all by herself. I know that we were meant to meet her, and know she wants to start taking the lessons and learning more. What a miracle!
     
     The other miracle was a woman named Ana. We got a call from someone, we still don't know who it was, saying they had a friend we should go see. So we went and met her, her name is Ana Martinez. Instantly she told us all about the problems in her life and how she needs something to fill the void, and we told her the Gospel can do it! She has now been taking the lessons and this week we are going to try and set a Baptism date with her!!!
     
     We have been so busy recently, and have been trying to do everything we can to do our best in the Lord's work. I'm so grateful for Missionary work!!
     
     This weekend we had an Area Conference with a broadcast from Elder Anderson, and it was focused so much on family. I'm so grateful for the family that I have and that I was raised in, and the fact that I can one day have my own family. I'm so grateful that I live in this Gospel and know of it's truthfulness! I'm so grateful for everything that I have been given. I can't wait to have a family of my own and do my best to raise my children like I have been raised!
     
     The Lord's work is truly full of miracles, I hope everyone sees the miracles in their daily lives.

   With love,
- Elder Leavitt
Surprise from home this week......

My Mom made these little books for me that have all the
 highlights from each talk for all 4 sessions of General Conference in them.

She included some great Quotes too, even some in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment