Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 2 "Called To Serve"


Hello everyone! 

Well today is my 2nd P-Day. This week has truly gone by so fast. It's probably because we are constantly in classes or with investigators, but the days just blend together so much. This week I've learned so many things. I've learned that truly the only way we can make it through the hardest times is through Jesus Christ. So much Spanish is being thrown at us, and without his help I don't know how in the world I would do it. Elder Bernard and I go into meetings with "investigators" and I come out wondering what I just said, yet we had a 50 minute conversation.

For Fast Sunday, we had an amazing Mission Conference. They talked about Jesus Christ and the importance of remembering him this Christmas Season. We watched a wonderful video called "He is the Gift." That night we also got to watch the Christmas Devotional, which was very good and Spiritual. We sang a special version of "Called to Serve" where we got louder each verse, and it sent chills down my spine. 


We watched a video of a talk called "Character of Christ" by David A Bednar. Probably one of the most amazing talks I've ever listened to. He talked about how Jesus Christ always turns OUT when most people would turn into themselves. Even when he was dying on the cross, he asked the Lord to forgive them. Most people would turn in and blame everyone around him for betrayal. After the Atonement, he healed the guards ear that was beating him. What an amazing person to be like.

This week has been so crazy, we have taught a lot of investigators and gone to a lot of classes. Every day gets better and better with Spanish and the Gospel.

I'm growing so much. I know that this is where I need to be, The Lord testifies that to me each and every day. My district is so fun to be around but always so hard working and it helps everyone and everything.

Yo sé que la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los últimos dias es verdadero. Yo sé que mi misión es muy importante. Yo sé que Jesucristo es el Salvador. Yo sé que José Smith es un profeta de Dios. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment