Sunday, December 7, 2014

Week 1 Entering the MTC


Hola! Wow. What a crazy few days. It already feels like I have been here for weeks with all the classes and learning that goes on here. But I have grown so very much.

This was one of the Hardest days of my life as a Mother!
Nothing can prepare you for this Goodbye, NOTHING!!
It felt like I left my heart on the side of that curb along with Chandler!!
So proud of Chandler for following in his Father's footsteps and
choosing to serve a full time Mission!

Wednesday was tough. Leaving my family and beginning my journey. As soon as I got here, we started class and Hermano Holman spoke only in Spanish the entire time. I wondered what in the world I had gotten myself into and only understood bits and pieces. My district consists of 6 people who came in the same day as me. My companion, Elder Bernard, is a quiet guy from Wyoming who will be serving in McAllen, Texas. Elder Madsen (from Farmington) and Elder Coyle (from California) will be serving in Argentina. Elder Windham (from Texas) and Elder Wimber (from Oregon) will be serving in Canada. They are all such amazing people, very hard workers. They all have positive attitudes and funny personalities that really help throughout the day.

Each day goes forever, but in a good way. I learn so much. I can pray and testify in Spanish and understand about 80% of what Hermano Holman and Hermano Wilson say. I am learning quick and I know that the gift of tongues is very true. Very. We taught an investigator yesterday and had to speak solely in Spanish and I understood every single word that she said. My companion is struggling a little bit with Spanish but I am trying to help as best as I can. The best help is the Holy Ghost.

Personally I've been studying a lot about Christ and his attributes. As missionaries, we are representing Christ so we must learn to have the same characteristics as he does. That has been taught to me over and over as I am here.

I miss everyone a lot and it's hard at times, but I have been so blessed to be comforted by the Spirit. I love all of you and hope that everything is going well at home. Adios!

Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador. Y Jose Smith es una profeta. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Love
Elder Leavitt
Car ride to the MTC. 
 4 of the greatest kids in the world!

Noah
Caitlin
Miles
Saying goodbye to you for 2 years was harder than any of us
 could have EVER Imagined it was going to be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment