Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 62 Most Memorable Week

This last weekend was one of the most memorable of my mission!
I got the wonderful opportunity to go back into the Frederick Spanish Branch, where I started my mission. I went with Elder Cornejo, who I served with in Columbia Spanish, and we got to go to a wedding at the Frederick Stake Center. The wedding was for Saida Martinez and Rudy Rivera. While I served in Frederick, I taught Saida, who was a less active member. She started coming back into church, and over the last few months, her boyfriend Rudy has been taught by the missionaries! Well, Saturday night they were married and then on Sunday, Rudy got baptized! It was so amazing to get to see everyone that I had grown so close to at the beginning of my mission. Kevin, Saida's little brother, got baptized just a few weeks ago. Her little sister and older sister should be getting baptized soon! It is so amazing to see what a change the Gospel has brought to that family. 



While I was there in Frederick, I also got to see Axel Lara again! Ironically, Sunday marked exactly one year since his baptism. He bore his testimony for fast and testimony meeting, announcing that his papers for a mission are being submitted and that he is leaving in the summer. It was so incredible to see him. He has truly changed my life. He is such a great example!


"Distance means so little, when someone means so much!"


Valentine's Care Package

After weeks of trying, we finally got in contact with a referral we had received named Eric!! He opened the door, let us in, and said "Well...how do we begin?" So we taught him about baptism! He said that he wants to be baptized and we are now teaching him and his girlfriend Shanelle. 

I Went out to breakfast with Scott Meushaw this week.
He is an awesome member that helps the missionaries all the time.

The mission continues to accelerate and hasten the work! These next few weeks will be Zone Conferences, which is always the busiest time for us! But it has been amazing to see how the Mission has taken off! I have such a testimony of the keys that President Christiansen holds over this mission, he is truly inspired. I love my mission. I can truly say that I absolutely love it!

I testify of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have no words to describe his love for each and every one of his children. I'm grateful to be a part of this amazing work. Thank you for your support!


- Elder Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment