Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 16




"Yeah I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things." - Alma 26:12

I've thought about this scripture quite often this week, realizing that in God's strength, we REALLY can do all things! I love this Scripture and the thoughts that it gives me. This week has been tough, a lot of appointments fell through and a lot of people blew us off in the streets, but with the faith that God can help us in ALL things, we have kept positive and worked hard!

The Zamora Family continues to progress, learning and reading! Alfonso, the father, is a little bit confused about Moroni appearing to Joseph Smith, but we have found scriptures talking about people being resurrected at different times, and are in the process of helping him understand. He LOVES the Book of Mormon, and they are progressing well. Sadly, they are busy on Sundays with work, so we have to find a way for them to see the importance of coming to Church.

We are working with quite a few relatives of Members and Less Actives, which is nice because they are always around people who are already members of the Church! That way they are in an environment where they are seeing what members are like and the people that are involved! We are working with Walter Gonzalez, who just got here from Guatemala, and he is reading the Book of Mormon also!

This transfer has gone SO fast, and we're trying our best to work super hard until the end, every single day. Elder Pettersson, my companion, goes home in 2 weeks, but he still has stayed devoted to the work and focused. I feel like I won't be staying in this area after this transfer, so I'm trying to do everything I can to work hard and find people for the next Missionaries to teach!

I have learned so much on my mission. Even with the weeks that don't go quite as planned, there is SO much to learn! Mostly, the Love of our Savior. He is ALWAYS there for us, no matter what the situation. No matter what we do, how we feel, where we are in life, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is someone that we can always count on. This week I have seen that the Lord loves every person in this entire world. No matter what their situation. I've met people with so many different stories and backgrounds, and I have learned to never judge from first sight. We walked up to a guy smoking outside his trailer park, and started talking to him. He had walked from Missouri to Frederick, Maryland to try and find a new life, and even though he doesn't believe in Christ, I know that Christ loves him. And how sad it is, but this man doesn't realize that he has a Father and Brother in Heaven that love him more than he can even imagine.

So that brings me to realize: My Purpose is to share the Love of Christ with all people. My message is that we have a Brother who died for us. A Father who provided the way and a Plan, and loves us more than we can even know. I hope everyone of you know how much the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves you!

Share the Gospel!

-Elder Leavitt




No comments:

Post a Comment