Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 103 Returning With Honor



Wow. I can't believe this will be my final group email while serving as a full-time missionary in the Maryland Baltimore Mission. I'm so grateful for this wonderful experience that I've been granted with.

"Final Interview with President Christiansen just starting...
while sharing a few Neccos before Prayer"

It's been a great day so far already! Usually on preparation day we don't have appointments until 6, but today we had one during the day since it was the only time they could meet! It was with Jasmine and she is now preparing for baptism! She's been reading the Book of Mormon daily and feeling the power that it brings into those that read it and ponder on its message.

Scott Meushaw, a great friend that Chandler will Miss!

We met an amazing new investigator this week! His name is Mike and he is from the Philippines. We taught him over at UMBC, the University that is close to us. He came from the Philippines only a few months ago! He grew up Catholic but is interested in learning about other faiths. We had such a great lesson with him, and he understood everything about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and offered an amazing prayer at the end! One of my favorite parts of the lessons is when the investigator offers the closing prayer.

I got to go on exchanges over in East Baltimore this past weekend and it was so great! We taught this family named the Silver Family. When we committed them to be baptized, the 10 year old daughter said "I'm not sure if I want to be baptized or not." The mother looked over at her and said "Do you want to go to heaven or not?" This quickly put a smile on the daughter's face as she said "Of course I do!" It was so cool to see, the mom isn't even a member but the whole family is wanting to be baptized!

Megan text this picture to us tonight and said,
"We just said Goodbye to our
 favorite Missionary and gave him a farewell haircut,
He is so excited to see all his family tomorrow.

Carlos and Viri finally got MARRIED this past week!!! After 4 years of living together, they are finally married and then on Sunday, we were able to help her to accept the date of December 24th for her Baptism! She has progressed so well. A year and a half ago, Elder Cornejo and I got to teach her, not knowing where it would lead. The chances were so low of us being back together, the Spanish branch being closed, her moving to our area, everything! But it all worked out and she will be getting baptized soon!
I'd like to bear my testimony of the power of a mission. I'm so grateful for this experience. What a life changing 2 years! I will never forget the experiences that I've had and the people that I've met. Words can not explain how I feel right now. Thank you so much for everyone that has supported me during this time. I love all of you! 


I testify of the power of Jesus Christ, our Savior. I'm grateful for the Atonement and the amazing power that it has. I love our Heavenly Father, who watches and cares for us in all things. I'm so grateful for everything that I've learned and experienced. I'll share more of my experiences in person!

Thank you!!

- Elder Leavitt






No comments:

Post a Comment